The World Health Organization has disclosed that China had stopped its team from entering the country and investigating the origin of the deadly coronavirus.
Nairalovers had earlier reported that WHO had on July 20, 2019, said that it will dispatch rounds of experts to China, so as to investigate the source of Coronavirus.
This was amid serious allegations by the United States Government that China was lying to the world about the virus and that the global health agency was covering up Beijing’s misdeed.
But China had vehemently debunked those allegations, claiming that the U.S. was peddling conspiracy theories against it.
On its part, the WHO had stressed that no nation should be stigmatized due to the covid-19 pandemic.
But during Tuesday’s press briefing in Geneva, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus expressed displeasure that China did not grant its officials entry despite planning for it ahead of time.
“I am very disappointed with this news.
“I have been in contact with senior Chinese officials and I have once again made clear that the mission is a priority for WHO and the international team,” he said as quoted by CNN.
He stressed that he was “eager to get the mission underway as soon as possible”.
Also note that this post does not reflect the views of Nairalovers. If you feel this post violated some policies, do not hesitate to Contact us with evidence and it will be taken down. See our Declaimer for more.