Premiership Rugby intend to complete the 2019-20 top-flight season in full but the campaign will not resume until it is “safe to do so”.
The coronavirus pandemic had previously seen the competition halted for five weeks until 14 April.
Exeter Chiefs lead the table by five points with nine games of the regular season still to play.
All other divisions in England below the top flight have already been ended with promotion and relegation decided.
The final round of Premiership league fixtures was due to take place on 6 June, with the final at Twickenham on 20 June.
Both Premiership Rugby and the Rugby Football Union are “exploring opportunities to reschedule the final until later in the year”.
More to follow.
- ‘Common sense’ to crown Celtic if season can’t resume – Aberdeen boss McInnes
- ‘It has been a season of resilience building for our school community’
- £300,000 Grand National buy Blaklion not expected to run this season after injury
- A season of conspiracy theories
- A-Ibom missed SFTAS N43.4bn over delayed budget passage — Gov Emmanuel
- Adam Lallana set to depart Liverpool in summer season after six years at membership
- Adams Oshiomhole has hailed the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) over the recent closure of land borders, until neighbouring nations respect trade protocols
- Aguero hatrick destroy Arsenal,resume their threat on title challenge
- All Inter Milan players test negative for coronavirus, set to resume training
- Amazon confirmed that they have acquired the rights to broadcast a selection of Champions League games in Germany from the 2021-22 season
- Arsenal ‘able to pay £42m launch clause’ for summer season switch of Thomas Partey
- Arsenal and Man Utd face risk of fixture chaos with July start to 2020/21 season
- Arsene Wenger and Santi Cazorla set to return to Arsenal for pre-season match
- Arteta ‘identifies five Arsenal stars’ to promote in summer season overhaul
- Audi, BMW resume operations in China
- Award-winning TV drama, MTV Shuga Naija, is returning with a brand new season themed, ‘Choices.’
- BA flight to Milan delayed as passenger ‘fearful of coronavirus’ refuses to fly
- Banky W, Adesua, Falz, others attend ‘OffAir’ season 2 premiere (PHOTOS)