This preservative- and additive-free selfmade soy milk works nice for consuming, culturing, or making tofu. Use solely white soy beans for making soy milk.
The leftover fiber is named okara, or u no hara, and may be dried or frozen to be used in cooking, or as fertilizer. Soy yogurt made at house has a barely grassy taste in comparison with soy yogurt purchased commercially.
- Container for soaking beans
- Butter Muslin or Nut Milk Bag
- Heavy-bottom Pan
- ½ cup white soybeans
- 2-Three cups water for soaking
- four cups water for mixing
- Sugar to style (elective)
- Soak soybeans in 2-Three cups of water in a single day.
- Discard water and rinse soybeans.
- Remove skins as greatest you may.
- Add soybeans and four cups water to blender.
- Blend till easy.
- Strain the blended combination utilizing butter muslin or a nut milk bag. A good-weave material is preferable, as twisting the highest tightly lets you proceed squeezing out extra milk. Continue to step 7 if utilizing the soy milk for making yogurt. Otherwise, cool and refrigerate.
- Heat the strained milk in a heavy-bottom pan to 180ºF (82ºC). Hold this temperature for 20 minutes, stirring incessantly to stop sticking. Cool the milk and retailer.
- Refrigerate as much as four days.