Action congress was founded by Bola Tinubu in 2006. It was formed through the merger of Alliance for Democracy, The justice party, and the Advance Congress for Democracy. Action Congress was dominant in the western region. In 2007, the party fielded in Atiku Abubakar as the presidential candidate for the presidential election but lost to PDP. Most of the party success came 2008 through judicial challenge, the party candidate in Edo State Adams Oshiomhole won a decisive victory. In Ekiti state, the party candidate Dr Fayemi also won a decisive victory. In 2013, the party was merged with Congress for Progressive Change, All Nigeria Peoples Party and the Progressive Grand Alliance to form All Progressive Congress (APC).
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF ACTION CONGRESS
1.To form a larger opposition to PDP and ANPP
2. To facilitate the complete independence of judiciary
3. To promote sovereignty and resist all form of domination against Nigeria
4. To pursue friendly relationship with outside world
5. To integrate individuals into the society
6. To encourage small scale business by promoting growth and removing obstacles that will hinder growth of small scale business,
7. To create employment opportunities, improve educational sector, health, electricity, and transportation.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS OF ACTION CONGRESS
1. The party won the gubernatorial election in four state of Ekiti, Lagos, Edo, Osun state.
2. The party also won 6 seat out of the 109 seat in the house of senate
3. The party won 32 seat out of the 360 seat in the house of representative