The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Fire Service Department is investigating the reason for the hearth incident on the outdated Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) outdated retailer
When They visited the scene of the hearth incidence, on Monday all was calm and employees of the FIRS went about their duties as if nothing occurred. Staff of the Service confirmed to The Nation that the outdated retailer was the place affected by the incidence.
According to a employees, “it was on Saturday in Annex one. It was an office near the Canteen.”
However, an announcement from the FIRS’ Head, Communications and Servicom Department, Wahab Gbadamosi confirmed the incidence admitting that “there was a fire incident at the store, by Federal Inland Revenue Service, (FIRS), canteen located at Annex 1, office of the Service headquarters, No 15 Sokode Crescent, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja at the about 5:10PM on Saturday, 26th, October 2019.”
The fireplace he mentioned “affected the store by the FIRS canteen where disused/old computers awaiting disposal are often kept. Also burnt were envelopes, printing paper and stationeries.”
The FIRS assured most people that nothing important to FIRS operations was affected.
Officials of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Fire Service arrived the scene a few minutes after the hearth started and labored with Security and Safety officers of the FIRS, to place out the hearth inside two hours.
The Executive Chairman, FIRS, Mr. Tunde Fowler, visited the scene of the hearth incident for first hand evaluation.
Officials of the FCT Fire Service Department visited the scene once more on Monday to establish the reason for the hearth incident.