Goodluck Jonathan was the best executive President Nigeria ever had. This is the reason why APC is fighting the truth,they don’t want to be judged with.
*CNN Money projected that the fastest growing economy in the world in 2015 will be China (7.3% growth); followed by Qatar (7.1%) and then followed by Nigeria (7%). this attests to the astute management of the economy by the Jonathan administration under the ministerial assistance of the world renown economist Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Igbo).
* Nigeria’s Gross domestic Product ranked the nation’s economy 1st in Africa and 26th globally; from 3rd and 46th respectively. The economy became more widely diversified than before.
* Foreign Direct Investment were boosted from US$24.9 million as at 2007 to over US$ 35 billion by 2014 and virtually all quoted companies doubled in size, assets and profit.
* Jonathan’s administration rendered over 25,000 kilometers of federal road motorable from barely 5,000 Kilometers as at 2011.
* Began work on second Niger bridge and Loko-Oweto bridge over river Benue.
* Nigerian railways was resuscitated from a 30-years old coma with over 3, 500 kilometers of lines operational.
* 22 airports remodeled to meet International standards and five International ones namely Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt, Kano and Enugu.
* Agricultural transformation agenda made it possible to now export Cassava and increasingly attain 60% self-sufficiency in Rice production.
* The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations voted Nigeria the largest producer of Cassava in the world.
* the Jonathan administration built six strategically-located perishable cargo airports in Ilorin, Jalingo, Jos, Lagos, Makurdi and Yola in close proximity to Nigeria’s food baskets.
* Under Jonathan’s administration Agriculture accounted for 22% of Nigeria’s GDP, more than Oil and Gas which only account for 15.9 percent. Nigeria recorded more than 50% reduction in food imports. Prior to his Presidency, we had a food import bill of 1.4 trillion naira but his policies reduced it to less than N700 billion.
* rehabilitation of 19 dams and construction of 14 irrigation projects – millions of Nigerian farmers are engaging in all season farming across the country except Boko Haram disturbed areas
* Jonathan’s administration resuscitated the Warri and Portharcourt Refineries that were deliberately left to rust and pine by preceding administrations.
* Power generation went up from some 2,000 megawatts in 2011 to some 5,000 megawatts in 2014. More independent power plants commission. nevertheless there was sabotage by blowing up underwater gas pipelines in then APC controlled states – Lagos and Rivers states.
* Jonathan administration established 14 new universities and 150 almajiri schools in 13 northern states.
Under Jonathan administration there had been a 10 million increase in school enrollment in Nigeria.
* People-oriented projects under the Subsidy Re-Investment and Empowerment Programme (SURE – P) which helped create 1.6 million Jobs in 2013.
*CNN Money projected that the fastest growing economy in the world in 2015 will be China (7.3% growth); followed by Qatar (7.1%) and then followed by Nigeria (7%). this attests to the astute management of the economy by the Jonathan administration under the ministerial assistance of the world renown economist Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
* Nigeria became the 23rd largest economy in the world overtaken European countries like Belgium and Austria.
* In 2010 when Jonathan was acting president, life expectancy in Nigeria was 47 years but by 2015 it was 54 years, an improvement of seven years.
* Maternal Mortality ratio in Nigeria was reduced by 26%
* Under Jonathan, Nigeria had become Guinea-worm-free; a disease previously affecting 800,000 Nigerians yearly. Polio was extinguished from Nigeria as no new cases were detected in the last nine months of his administration. Bill Gates, the richest man in the world and humanitarian philantropist hailed Nigeria’s fight against polio as one of the great world achievements of 2014.
* Between 2012 and 2015 the United nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) ranked Nigeria as the number one country for foreign investment with the fourth highest rate of returns on investments in the world. This was inspite of security challenges from Islamic Jihadists from the north.
* In 2010, when Jonathan came to power, Aliko Dangote (Hausa) was the 463rd richest man in the world with a total fortune of $2.1 billion. Jonathan’s policies and support made him the 23rd richest man in the world with a total of $25 billion.
* Transparency International in 2010 ranked Nigeria 134th out of 178 countries in corruption. Under Obasanjo Nigeria was 1st, 3rd and remain one of the most corrupt in the world.
* By instituting the e-payment system, Jonathan’s administration sanitized the civil service by removing 50,000 ghost workers in one fell swoop. The administration also got rid of ghost voters from the electoral register; over 1 million ghost voters were removed from Zamfara INEC register alone.
* Under Jonathan’s administration Free and Fair elections were conducted in Edo, Anambra, Ondo, Ekiti and Osun.
* Under Jonathan’s administration Nigeria won the African Cup of Nations and Under 17 World.
* Jonathan’s government for the first time in Nigeria conducted an election in which the opposition won and handed over power without incident.