GREAT NIGERIAN PEOPLES PARTY (GNPP)
Great Nigerian Peoples Party was formed by Alhaji Ibrahim Waziri in 1979. Alhaji Ibrahim Waziri was a business man and a politician form Borno state, he was one of the leaders that formed the Nigerian Peoples Party (NPP), he left NPP as a result of disagreement he had with other members of NPP caucus over the post of the party chairman and presidential candidate, he went ahead and formed the Great Nigerian Peoples Party (GNPP) where he became the party leader and the presidential candidate for the 1979 general election.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF GREAT NIGERIAN PEOPLES PARTY
- To promote and sustain the unity of Nigeria
- Equal opportunity for all Nigerians regardless of sex, age, religion etc.
- Equitable distribution of national wealth for the development of Nigeria
ACHIEVEMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS OF GREAT NIGERIAN PEOPLES PARTY (GNPP)
- The party won the governorship election in two state of Kano and Kaduna
- GNPP also won 8 senate seat and 43 seat in the house of representative