Here is a list of things you can do to reignite the spark in your
1. Sometimes couples stop exchanging gifts after marriage.
Exchanging gifts that remind you of old days and new goals help
you re-live them which brings your spouse closer. It could be
anything that reminds you of special moments, your first meeting
with your spouse, your first anniversary, a vacation, or the birth of
2. Involving your spouse in important life decisions makes them
feel valued. A sense of involvement satisfies self-esteem which
promotes a feel-good factor. When you feel good you love more
3. It’s important to understand the importance of communication
in marriage. Send each other flirtatious messages, but make sure
no one else reads them. Keep each other informed of feelings,
changes, and if you are going to be late.
4. Most people love being praised. The appreciation is more
special when it comes from your spouse. Do not forget to tell your
spouse that she looks stunning or he is handsome. Tell each other
how much you appreciate their parenting skills, cooking, and
providing for the family. Admiring your partner makes them feel
loved which strengthens your bond.
5. Doing small things like kissing each other before work or leaving
a love note on their pillow makes a big difference. These things do
not require much effort and are effective in keeping romance alive.
6. Take time out of your busy schedule and spend it with your
spouse. It’s important to enjoy time with each other. Find a
romantic movie and enjoy it together, go fishing or hiking, or enjoy
a candlelit dinner.
7. Try to enjoy each other’s hobbies together, you don’t have to go
to every sporting event or concert together, but respect and
understand them and try to share their interests.
If your spouse has lost interest in you completely, it can be difficult
for anything to work but there is no harm in trying.