HOW TO MAKE HOME MADE BREAD
* 4 Cups flour (500g) + 1 handful for kneading.
* 4 tablespoon of melted butter
* 1 Tablespoon of Yeast
* 2 eggs + 1 egg for eggwash
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1 cup of WARM milk
* 1/4 cup(50g) of sugar + 2teaspoon of sugar to proof the yeast.
PREPARATION OF HOME MADE BREAD PROOFING THE YEAST
Put in a bowl,1tablespoon of yeast and 2teaspoon of sygar, mix
with the 1cup of warm milk.
-leave to proof (rise) for some minutes. It will froth like thick foam
** IN ANOTHER BOWL
– Crack 2eggs in the bowl, beat it
– Add melted butter to the beaten eggs
– Mix together and set aside
** IN ANOTHER BIG BOWL
– pour the 4 cups of bread flour (All purpose flour works as well
just that bread flour givrd the best result)
– Add salt, and 1/4 cup of sugar
– Mix together with a whisker, they make a well in the middle
– Pour in the middle the proofed yeast
– Also pour in the beaten egg mixed with butter.
– Mix together until a dough is formed
– The resulting dough should be very soft, that is what we want
-Sprinkle your rolling board with flour.
– Transfer the dough to the rolling board surface and knead until
smooth and elastic. ….
This should take like 10minutes
– As you knead and sprinkle flour (you sprinkle flour because you
dont want it to be sticky), so be careful when adding sprinkle flour,
just little, you dont want it to be hard.
– to know that your dough is well kneaded, after it must have form
dough ball, press the middle with your index finger. If it fills up
almost immediately, then it is well kneaded.
The indentation will come back almost immediately like pressed
foam to show that it had kneaded well
Grease a bowl with oil and put the dough inside
– Roll the dough in the oiled bowl and let its body be coated with
the oil (this will prevent the surface of the dough from drying.
– Cover with nylon and leave it to rise for 1hour in a warm place
(like a turned off oven)
– After 1hour, it will have risen, bring it out and punch down on the
dough to remove air bubbles.
– Cut out a little, like a ball shape.
– continue to tuck it In until it is tight (same action you perform
while trying to tuck in a loose bedspread on a bed). Tuck it in until
tight or well rounded, you can even decide to roll it btw your palms
to form round shape or any shape.
– Oil/grease your large baking pan or the oven tray.
– Arrange the dough balls on the tray or pan, making sure, there’s
enough space btw foe further rising.
– Cover with a kitchen towel and leave for 30minutes. If you dont
want it to be round, just pour the batter/mixture into your bread
loaf pan(2/3 of the loaf pan).
Level/smoothen the top of the dough mixture with a spatula if you
pour yours into a loaf pan
**After you must have set your ball shaped bread doughs on the
tray, remember to cover with a towel for thirty minutes before
proceeding to rub it with eggwash and bake
– Crack one egg in a bowl.
– Add a little water and beat together,Thats eggwash.
– Then Brush, the egg wash over the bread dough. It will help in
achieving the light golden colour on the bread crust of the rolls.
– transfer to a 425 degree F( you must have preheated your oven
for at least 15mins).
– Bake for 10 to 15 minutes
Your bread is ready,enjoy
HOW TO MAKE HOME MADE BREAD