Wishing an ex on her birthday is likely to ruffle a lot of feathers. It might make her think that you miss her a lot. Maybe even make her believe that you still love her and that you’re still not over your breakup. Yes, it can send mix signals, but if worded the right way, a sweet message can actually build bridges and pave the way for a platonic friendship. Depending on your situation, take ideas from this post to write a cute handwritten note or a funny quote on a greeting card for your ex. If you genuinely want to build a lasting friendship with your ex, her birthday is a great opportunity to do so. Don’t be afraid of sending through a DM or a text. Just be sure about what you are doing because wrong interpretations can worsen the pain of your heartbreak. You don’t want to re-live that nightmare all over again, do you?
Here are 15 sample messages on how to text your ex on her birthday:
1) I’m better off accepting that I still miss you than lie to myself and pretend otherwise. Happy birthday.
2) I don’t know if you still miss me like how I miss you, but I hope that now you realize that my love was always true. Happy birthday.
3) We may not be lovers any more but we don’t have to be haters. We may not be the best of friends anymore but we don’t have to be the worst of foes. Happy birthday.
4) Maybe destiny had other plans for us. Maybe we were meant to be friends… friends who’re mature enough to move on from being lovers. I wish you well, happy birthday.
5) Happy birthday to the girl, who was once the princess of my world.
6) Whoever said that you can’t be friends with your ex, obviously never met the two of us! Happy birthday!
7) I felt bitter after we broke up and wished that our relationship was an experience that I never had. But after moving on I have realized that the memories we share make our relationship an experience I am lucky to have had. Happy birthday.
8) Hearts may have been broken, but the memories will forever remain… happy birthday!
9) You know me better than anyone else, so there is no point pretending that I have forgotten your birthday after we walked separate ways. The truth is that I haven’t and I never will. Happy birthday, girl.
10) You are my ex-girlfriend and I am your ex-boyfriend. Let’s use your birthday as an opportunity to remove these heavy tags and just call each other friends. Happy birthday.
11) Do I still have feelings for you? Maybe, maybe not. I don’t want to pretend. Do I think we still have a chance? No, maybe some things are just not meant to be. But does that stop us from being friends? Definitely not. I have moved on, you have moved on, life moves on… just the memories remain. Happy birthday!
12) Destiny had heartbreak in store for us, but I will never use that as an excuse to cuss. Because I still remember the day you said yes when I asked you out. It will be one of the most priceless memories, without a doubt. Happy birthday.
13) I’d be lying if I said that I don’t miss you. How can I not, after all, that we’ve been through? Happy birthday.
14) I may have fought with you and called you names, but my intentions were always true. We have broken up since then, but I will still not stop wishing well for you. Happy birthday.
15) I don’t care what other people say. I’m still friends with my ex and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Happy birthday.