The soldiers confirmed Bako’s story that Nigerian President,
Muhammadu Buhari commissioned officers to kidnap the Dapchi
school girls and planned their ‘rescue’ to shore up his falling
political fortune. They confirmed that till today, no Boko Haram
group has claimed responsibility because they were never involved
in the government planned operation.
Two weeks ago, Sgt David Bako detailed how a Special squad was
organised to plan and execute the Dapchi girls drama.
He said he found it absolutely necessary to make the confession
considering the criminal killings across the country which he
likened to ethnic cleansing.
In an email sent to our newsroom here in Paris, Sergeant David
Bako said the plot was planned and rehearsed for two weeks by
Buhari’s loyalists in the army of which he was one.
He said the desperation by Buhari to rule Nigeria for another four
years drove him on to employ all means to make sure he remains
President Buhari, he said, will be no pushover in 2019 because he
has perfected plans to remain in the Villa beyond 2019.
Continuing the story, he said, they were given N80 million to
execute the plot to restore the peoples’ waning confidence in the
Buhari government as Boko Haram stepped up attacks recently
which was a complete embarrassment to the Buhari government
after claiming to have defeated the Islamist sect.
He said the resurgence of Boko Haram attacks and killings in the
northeast drove the government to find all means possible to
regain the peoples’ confidence seeing that 2019 election is as good
Buhari, he said, does not want to leave the Villa under any guise in
2019. In the email below he narrated how the plot was planned and
He wrote: ” I feel constrained to make this confession and as I
make this stunning confession, I am no longer in Nigeria because I
have to unavoidably desert the Nigerian Army to save my life and
that of my family from a possible summary execution by Buhari’s
Barnawi faction of Boko Haram knows nothing about the abduction
of Dapchi girls. We were paid N80 million to carry out the
abduction which we planned and rehearsed for two weeks to make
it look real. 16 of us, strong Buhari’s loyalists took part in the plot
and were given N80 million and some trucks with which to carry
out the operation.
On February 19, 2017, after we had received the money, we were
told to make it a top secret and further told we would be
handsomely rewarded if the plan pays off. The plan, according to
our unit commander, is to make Nigerians regain their confidence
in the Buhari government, demobilize the PDP which we all dislike
with a passion and the Obasanjo coalition which the Villa saw as
an emerging threat if something is not urgently done.
Obasanjo, our commander told us will succeed in dislodging Buhari
from the Villa in 2019 if we do not contrive a means to make
Nigerians believe more in Buhari’s leadership.
The money we got was not paid into our accounts but was brought
by car from Abuja totalling N80 million naira which was shared
amongst us with trucks to carry out the operation.
On that night the soldiers stationed in the neighbourhood were
deployed to other locations to enable us carry out the operation
hitch-free which we did. The Boko Haram flag you saw us carrying
was designed by us and had ourselves wrapped up like the
There was no such thing like kidnapping by the Barnawi faction of
the Boko Haram. We drove into the school compound in a
commando style, broke through the school gate while the night
guards numbering three or more ran for their dear lives as they
heard our gunshots and chanting Islamic war songs amid ‘Western
education is a sin”. We drove straight into the school dormitory and
ordered the girls to get onto the trucks some of whom slept naked
because of the scorching heat. Although we had been given
warning by our commander not to molest or rough handle the girls
as such action would not be tolerated under any guise.
We were given 1 hour and 45 minutes to carry out the operation
from where we drove to the school and the operation did not last
for more than 45 minutes to get the girls on board the trucks. So
they had no time to carry any of their belongings.
We drove them to an undisclosed location which was unknown to
any of us because our unit commander led the way until we arrived
in where they all were carefully kept.
The claim that five of them lost their lives is of course not true as
we did not kill or even shoot any of them following the strict orders
and instructions that they should be treated gently, kept safe and
While where they were kept we were told to preach to them, make
ourselves look like terrorists to enable them to believe, recount and
narrate what they saw which would make people believe the
We were not allowed to go with our phones to the location where
the girls were kept, therefore we could not take photographs of the
girls and the location. It is a shame that a govt will kidnap kids for