Security operatives yesterday urged Nigerians to ignore the
September 14, 2018 planned sit-at-home by the Indigenous People
of Biafra, IPOB, and asked people to go about their normal
businesses without fear of any molestation.
This came as the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has cited the
discovery of more bodies of victims of Operation Python Dance 2,
killed last year by the Nigerian Army in mass graves in Abia State
as the reason the group is calling for general strike on September
14, explaining that “at a time when we are still burying those
Operation Python Dance 2 killed and dumped in mass graves
across Biafraland in September 2017, here we are today with
Nigeria military once again poised to invade the South East, to
slaughter the weak and innocent in their annual genocidal ritual in
the name of yet another Operation Python Dance 3.”
Addressing reporters after a closed –door meeting of high powered
security operatives that included the Army, Police, Civil Defense,
Immigration, Department of State Services, DSS, among others at
the police headquarters in Awka, the Anambra State Commissioner
of Police, Mr. Garba Umar described IPOB as an illegal
organisation and therefore had no right to give order to anybody.
He said: “IPOB is an illegal organization. We are therefore
appealing to members of the public that on no account should they
be intimidated or harassed into succumbing to the threat of IPOB.
They plan to embark on sit-at-home on September 14, 2018 tagged
saboteurs day, but the security agencies are ready for any
“We urge members of the public to go about their lawful
businesses as they will be adequately protected. The issue of
calling for a referendum on the 8th of this month or thereabout and
the September 14 sit –at- home order by IPOB will not be
IPOB insists on strike, blames Ohanaeze, S-East govs for
Operation Python Dance 3
But IPOB is vehement on the proposed strike Sepember 14.
According to Comrade Emma Powerful , Media and Publicity
Secretary for IPOB in a statement, “No sane society or a people
worth their salt will tolerate such brazen conquest and humiliation.
What was once considered a reprehensible abomination in
Igboland is now the norm. Mass death and destruction of South
East and South South by the Nigerian Army has become so
commonplace that our senses have become numb to these
atrocities. The discovery of a mass grave in Igboland is no longer
considered an abomination. How times have changed the values of
a once great race.
“Anybody still in doubt as to the physical and psychological
damage the traitors called Igbo socio-cultural and political leaders
in Ohanaeze Ndigbo and South East Governors Forum have done
and are still causing to the masses should look no further than
their silence in the face of the threat of Operation Python Dance 3.
Why are they quiet over such overwhelming threat to the lives and
properties of those they claim to be leading, given that Operation
Python Dance means death for hundreds of unarmed non-Muslim
men and women in the South East?”
He said further, “the answer is very simple; Nnia Nwodo’s
Ohanaeze Ndigbo and Igbo governors are the people responsible
for bringing Operation Python Dance into Igboland. That is why
they cannot vociferously speak up against it or challenge the Army
narrative against IPOB.
“South East governors met on Sunday 2 September 2018 for what
we understand to be a crucial meeting. They rose from that
gathering without uttering a word or issuing a statement of
condemnation of Operation Python Dance 3 because they are part
of it. These corrupt, self serving politicians are nothing more than
Arewa agents in our land whose complicity in the destruction of the
Igbo race in particular and Biafra in general can no longer be
hidden. They did nothing about the mass murder of their people in
September 2017 in Afaraukwu, they never uttered a word when our
grand mothers were thoroughly humiliated by a single Fulani man
in Owerri, now they have kept silent again as armored tanks and
machine guns of the caliphate roll into the peaceful South East to
commence another round of state sanctioned slaughter and
mayhem. These charlatans don’t know what leadership means.
“The general strike called for by the Indigenous People of Biafra
(IPOB) on 14 September 2018 is to express our anger and at the
same time respect the memory of those killed, tortured and
disappeared by the Buratai led Nigeria army through Operation
Python Dance 2 which occurred on the 14th of September 2017 in
Isiama Afaraukwu Umuahia Abia State. Our anger is also directed
at Igbo politicians and Ohaneze Ndigbo in particular that conspired
with the Fulani Islamic army of Nigeria to invade the home of our
leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu with the sole intention of killing him and
his parents. One year on, we are still asking for the whereabouts
of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and his aged parents.
“The unfathomable abomination and desecration of our land by a
common Fulani Police Commissioner acting in concert with the
northern governor of Imo State brought home the hopelessness
and slave status of the people of the east. It has never been
recorded in the history of post-independence Nigeria that grand
mothers up to 70 years of age were locked up in prison overnight.
Shamefully, the Igbo race has acquired another dubious distinction
of being the very first people to have their women publicly
humiliated and stripped of every shred of human dignity. Who
knows what will come next.”
He said further, “Had it been it was an Igbo Police Commissioner
in Kano that ordered the mere interception, not to talk of arrest, of
Hausa-Fulani women, every Igbo business in core Arewa north will
be up in flames. Countless southerners would have been
slaughtered by now in an orgy of bloodbath and violence because
the honour of Hausa-Fulani has been slighted. The Igbo Police
Commissioner would have been summoned to the Emir’s palace to
kneel in apology to the women. His police residence would have
been burnt down. He would have been stripped of his rank, sent
packing from Kano if he’s lucky to escape with his life. But in
Igboland, the cowardice and impotence of informants and
collaborators in Ohaneze Ndigbo and Igbo governors forum,
masquerading as leaders, have sold the masses down the river.
No shame, no honour, no dignity for the Igbo race in Nigeria.
South East and South South is a conquered territory. This is what
we are protesting on the 14th of September 2018.
“We IPOB and by extension the people of Biafra are against how
our mothers were treated in Owerri, we are against the upcoming
Operation Python Dance 3, hence our resolve to paralyse every
movement across Biafraland. This era will be remembered as the
age when Igbo men in position of power and leadership, conspired
with our northern oppressors, to kill those (IPOB) fighting to
“It is the height of insensitivity that at a time when we are
discovering more mass graves, burial sites, missing persons and
general disquiet over the humiliation and treatment of our mothers,
South East governors, Ohaneze Ndigbo and some misguided
politicians have decided to allow another major killing spree to take
place in Biafraland under the cover of Operation Python Dance 3.
They won’t even allow us to finish burying those they killed last
year before launching another attack on our communities. This is
why we must resist the invaders and their collaborators by
observing the general strike called for the September 14.
Security operatives yesterday urged Nigerians to ignore the