Here are a few remedies that every ulcer patient must know
especially when pain becomes recurrent:
1. Stop taking fried foods( fried meat or fish, plantain etc) or too
oily meals (fried rice).
2. Stay away from spicy foods( suya, pepper soup, etc)
3. Stay away from hard. And crunchy snacks ( plantain chips,
potato chips etc)
4. Avoid carbonated drinks! ( Coke, malt, sprite la casera, etc).
They cause a lot of pain for an ulcer patient. Take plenty of water
instead, or drink youghurt.
5. Avoid mint sweets (lemon plus, peppermint, tom-tom and the
likes). Also don’t take garri, or rough meals like eba.
Here are some healthy things you should do.
1. Take plenty of water. Take at least a litre of water every
morning when u wake up. Thus helps to dilute the acid your
stomach may av secreted over nite.
2. Eat swallows more with draw soup, (ewedu, okro, etc less of
3. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. E.g bananas, apples,
watermelon, avocado, cucumber, carrots and cabbage. ORANGES
ARE NOT GOOD FOR ULCER PATIENTS.
4. If u can get apple cider vinegar(ACV), its good for heartburns
and ulcer too. Just add like 2tablespoons of it into a glass of
water. It gives relief. Research just showed dat antacids are not
too good for heartburns.
5. Eat in bits. A little at a time, so ur stomach can digest it in bits.
Always av snacks like biscuits, banana, with you if u know in case
you are hungry.
6. Too much of some nuts, may cause pains. (E.g groudnut,
walnut, cashew nuts.) NEVER eat ROASTED CORN. Its rough and
can cause the ulcer to bleed, hence causing pain.
1. Grate like 8 unripe plantains in 4-5litres of water in a keg. Let it
ferment for at least 48hrs. Take a cup at least 3 or 4 times a day,
in the morning afternoon and night, and before u sleep. Its
preferable if u take it an hour before meals. I have been using this
particular therapy and its working wonders! Take it for like 3weeks
or so. It has no side effects that I av seen so far, just adhere to d
normal ulcer do’s and donts.
2. Cabbage juice has been found to heal ulcers too. I tried it but
couldn’t tolerate it for long cos it was making me feel like
vomiting. Heard its good if u blend with carrot and drink. Its should
be taken instantly for best results. Don’t store d juice in a fridge. It
can make u stool a little, but it worked well when I used it.
3. While this natural remedies are good, it doesn’t mean you
should stay away from your doctor. Make sure you have a doctor
that’s monitoring you.