Victims of final week fireplace incident in Onitsha, Anambra State on Wednesday stated the governor, Chief Willie Obiano was but to go to the market barely per week after the incident occurred.
The merchants and landlords additionally stated the key catastrophe happened on the and never on the Ochanja market as earlier reported within the media.
Speaking to newsmen on the market, chief of the victims, Anthony Okonkwo stated it was solely the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige that had visited them for the reason that incident occurred.
He stated whereas they obtained one million naira help from Ngige, a beggar by the identify Ajebo gave them N3,000.
He regretted that individuals had been taking part in politics with this subject, warning those that had been concerned to desist or threat the wrath of God.
He stated, “It was not the Ochanja market that was gutted by fireplace. It was solely two adjoining outlets on the Emordi, Amobi and Zik Avenue that had been affected.
“That was why those that visited the market had been going to the management of the Ochanja market as an alternative of these of us straight affected.
“We are stunned that our governor has not visited us for the reason that incident occurred. Those who’re taking part in politics with the catastrophe are feeding him with lies.
“Only Dr Chris Ngige and one beggar by the name Ajebo had given us financial support. While Ngige gave N1m, the beggar gave us N3,000.”
Earlier, the Onitsha Local Government Area Chairman, Emeka Asonya, pledge to make sure particulars those that really misplaced their items and property within the inferno had been correctly documented for vital help.
He additionally promised development of 4 boreholes at strategic factors out there to forestall future recurrence in addition to guarantee those that had been renovating their outlets didn’t lack water.
“I’m challenged that among the merchants have already began rebuilding their destroyed outlets. That’s the resilient spirit which is peculiar with the Igbo.
“You are free to make use of the water from the borehole when completed at no cost. Our prayers is that such incident will never happen again,” he stated